High Speed Internet Service Providers - Articles
- Connect America Fund Brings Capitalism and Accountability Back Into Government Sponsored Expanion Efforts - October 27, 2011 - Will the newly revamped government program eliminate waste, benefit businesses and consumers?
- Latest JD Power & Associates Study Reveals U-verse a Customer Favorite - October 13, 2011 - AT&T U-verse offers seamless interaction of smart technology that leave customers highly satisfied. Once again, U-verse outperformed against all the competition in three regions for overall customer satisfaction, reliability, performance, cost, and more.
- Internet Service Providers in Great Britain Help Parents Crack Down on Porn - October 11, 2011 - The BBC reported that four of Great Britain's largest Internet service providers are helping parents with a tough new crack down on pornography by forcing customers to specify if they want to be able to view explicit sites. Even the Prime Minister has gotten into the act by opening a website that will allow parents to complain about inappropriate content on the web.
- CenturyLink Announces Internet Basics Program - October 3, 2011 - Internet Basics is a program designed to promote internet usage among the financially disenfranchised households who live in one of the 37 states CenturyLink provides network access to.
- Google Executive Says Regulations Can Get in the Way of Innovation - September 27, 2011 - Kevin Lo, Google's General Manger of Access, called on local governments to make three specific reforms: ease of access to public rights-of-way where fiber-optic cables can be laid; ease of access to utility poles; and setting up special service districts which will free sections of municipalities from zoning restrictions. He said regulations regarding physical infrastructure frequently get in the way of innovation and that it was Kansas City's "very pro-business" attitude that was key to its selection for the Google Fiber project.
- XFINITY Unveils Internet Essentials Nationally - September 20, 2011 - Lauded as one of the best moves to positively impact our economy over the long haul, XFINITY reaches out to low income families to get them connected to the worldwide web at an ultra-affordable price. Children in these families would remain at a disadvantage without learning how to navigate online in our global economy.
- Idaho - Slowest Internet Connection Speeds in the Country - September 13, 2011 - As a result, this mountain state falls behind the rest of the country in overall competitiveness. Jonathan Adelstein, who heads up the federal government's Rural Utilities Service, is a major advocate of broadband. “Without broadband, especially in rural areas, kids may never reach their full potential. And we can’t expect to be competitive in a global economy.” Indeed, even now the U.S. ranks 25th in the world for Internet speed.
- Graphene New High Speed Advancement of the Future? - August 30, 2011 - Nobel prize-winning scientists discover way to use graphene to convert light into electricity. This has huge ramifications for the future of technological advances in internet connection speeds.
- Mobile broadband via Your Cell Phone - If you are in your coverage area and need internet access, in most cases you can utilize your cell phone as a wireless router with a few simple tricks and items at your disposal.