When assessing internet service providers, we believe it is important to provide information on features that are important to you. A non-negotiable would include the right speed for what you envision your high speed connection to accomplish. Paying for too much or too little speed can be frustrating either way. Understanding the differences in technologies and how they relate to your pocketbook can help you with the speed choice.
- Dedicated bandwidth for more consistent speeds
- Relatively cheaper than cable
- Wider bandwidth than DSL, but shared – speeds generally faster, but can be inconsistent depending on number of subscribers
- More expensive than DSL
- Fastest speeds available
- More expensive than both DSL and cable
- Highest quality signals
- Integrated technology between internet and television for ultimate home entertainment control and flexibility
Issues such as security features, top-notch technical service, and the ability to set up a home network are all important issues to consider. Internet service providers in your area also offer various packages which may be relevant in your search, such as free Wi-Fi, modem, discounts in bundling, free installation, and various contract lengths.
By partnering with reputable providers such as Att Uverse, Qwest DSL, and Verizon, we search for the most up-to-date online offers and bundles available to help you with your decision. According to Consumer Reports, (February 2009), consumers looking to save money without sacrificing quality should consider bundling internet, television, and telephone services.